Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 8 Thoughts

When the show ended I thought, jeez another boring night. But then when they did the recap, I was like wait, that was actually one of the best shows. I think it was maybe because my favorite didn't do the best last night, maybe that's why I thought it was bad. But there were so many great dances last night.

Gaga on the panel, loved her! I thought Rob Marshall was a little too nice, but Gaga was great. But I definitely think the judges gave the comments they did tonight for a certain reason. It was obvious they want Caitlynn and Ricky or Jess to go home.

Alright, let's start of with Sasha. That quickstep was bad. Let's just be honest. She looks awkward doing it but props to her for doing something different. 

Caitlynn's hip hop: I loved when I first watched it. Then I went back and watched it again and understand what the judges were saying. Ivan was amazing! He should be brought back again! I think that routine really takes a strong, trained hip hop dancer to pull off, but Caitlynn did well. I think the only other girl who could have done it better (by maybe a little) is Sasha. Compared to her last hip hop, I think she improved a lot!

Jordan's jazz: Great, fun, entertaining, awesome. I don't know. Just throw some more synonyms on there and it will probably fit. It was great. 

Melanie's contemporary: Amazing! That leap, oh my god, I like literally lost my breath for a second. BUT, I cannot get passed the fact that she get contemporary or jazz like every damn week. Don't get me wrong, she is a GREAT dancer but if she wins, it will not be well deserved, in my opinion. I need to see her do a hard hitting hip hop or a spicy latin number in order for my mind to be changed. 

Ricky's Jive: Good but not memorable. That's all. He's probably going home

Jess's hip hop- Eyes glued to Lauren. But in all honesty, I am really sick of lyrical hip hop. Can we please get some more baller hip hop routines? 

Marko's contemporary: Great, memorable, fantastic. I love Allison Holker. The crying got a little out of hand but still, great.

Tadd's Jazz: LOVE! I thought Lauren was going to outshine Tadd by a lot but Tadd defintiely kept up with her! Such a great number too!

Tadd and Caitlynn Foxtrot: Boring but foxtrot's always are. 

Marko and Ricky Hip Hop: BALLLERRRRRRR. Marko outshined Ricky by far. Couldn't keep my eyes off of him

Jess and Jordan Rumba- Boring. Metiocre. 

Melanie and Sasha's Jazz- Overrated. I didn't like it THAT much. Sasha outshined Melanie for me. Melanie can't hit it as hard as Sasha can. Love that Sonya brought dubstep to SYTYCD though!

Overall: Caitlynn keeps getting stuck with the shitty routines and that BLOWS. It's like they are personally telling her they want her to go home. So many memorable routines last night and it was a good show definitely. 

Predicted bottom 4: Caitlynn, Jordan, Ricky and Tadd.
I think Ricky will go home but for the girls, I really have no idea. I am fine with either one of them leaving. I will be sad, but I expected them both to be cut around this time.

Let me know what you thought on twitter or respond back to this