Thursday, June 14, 2012

Faces You Should Know...


Hello everyone! 
First of all, so sorry for the lack of posts lately! The blogger homepage changed and it freaked me out so I didn't want to deal with it until now. 
Just this past semester, I discovered what I wanted to do with my life and that was to discover incredible, unrecognized talent and hopefully give them their big break; in other words, I figured out I wanted to be a talent agent. Most people become talent agents because of the money, but the money is not what matters to me at all. What matters to me is that these incredible artists get the recognition they deserve and that's where I would step in. As many of you may know, this summer I am interning at a talent agency called Clear Talent Group. What this internship has opened my eyes to is that there is so much incredible talent out there and about 90% of it is not well known. 
So, today, I thought I could share some videos of my favorite artist, attached with a headshot (or something relatively close looking to their headshot). Now these aren't all my favorite unknowns, but I narrowed down the list to the ones you NEED to know. Some of them are somewhat well known within their communities or artistries, but on the whole, they are no Jennifer Aniston or George Clooney as far as popularity goes. 
*I tried to limit each artist to one video but some of them are just so good that I couldn't cut them off!

Lucie Jones- Some of you may know her from the X Factor UK, but she pretty much has no US exposure what so ever. Believe it or not, this girl just got a record deal and she's been off the show for two years now. For me, she has one of the most incredible voices I have ever heard and she's gorgeous on top of that. I would sign her the minute she came to the US. 

If you find your way to her youtube page (luciejonesmusic1) check out her covers to 'Feels Like Home' & 'Pack Up.'

Ed Sheeran- Another Brit you has just made his move over to the US. He is actually quite popular in the UK but not here in the US. There are too many of his songs that I just love but here is the one that my itunes says I've listened to the most. Enjoy. 

My other favs of his are: Cold Coffee, Sunburn, Fall, The A Team, and Drunk. Check em out!

Jessy Schram- I discovered Jessy on the show Once Upon A Time where she plays Cinderella. She is wildly talented and I hope Once Upon A Time catapults her career. For me, she makes the cheesiness of the movie seem more real and believable. Signed at the Gersh Agency




Kyle Cordova- Probably one of the best trickers I have ever seen. This is his demo reel. Signed at Clear Talent Group.



Jordyn Jones- This girl is 9 or 10 years old and she kills EVERYTHING! She has so much to her name including the Brittany Spears tribute a year or two ago at the VMA's. Girl has a long career ahead of her. Signed at Clear Talent Group. 


Lil Kida- First off, he's adorable! But in every room he walks in, he's steals the attention. He's incredible. Signed at Clear Talent Group. 


Taylor Louderman- Saw Bring It On: The Musical back at the beginning of last semester and although my eyes were glued to Neil Haskell half the time, Taylor Louderman made quite an impression on me. She plays Campbell, the leading role, in BIO, which hits Broadway soon. She dances, sings, acts and stunts all at the same and it's not like she's only good at one of the four. She does each task incredibly and I was just blown away by her performance. I couldn't find a single video with just her singing in BIO so here is a compilation of a bunch of clips from the show. Signed at Carlton, Goddard & Freer Talent.


Christian Henderson- He just always brings a different flavor to the choreography he is given and he is definitely a breath of fresh air for this industry. Represented at Clear Talent Group.



Logan Hassel & Taylor Knight- Thought I would combine them since the video I am going to share features both of them. They are 13 years old and they just murder everything! The singing in this video is just god awful but focus on the choreography and Logan (blond hair) and Taylor (brown, dancing next to Kat Graham). I also attached one more of Logan because she's just a baller. Both are represented at Clear Talent Group. 
Logan Hassel

Taylor Knight



Alex Morgan- This name should be familiar to all of you and if it isn't then shame on you! I am not one to watch woman's soccer but after the World Cup, Alex got my attention. Pretty much every time they get her the ball for a shot, 8/10 she will finish it with a goal. She's incredibly fast and super aggressive. The girl is the future of the USWNT. Watch her come up clutch in the Olympics. The two videos are from the World Cup but she's got plenty of other amazing goals.