Saturday, July 23, 2011

Here is my ramble for the week...

I feel like this is Season 4 all over again. I remember back in Season 4, I would go onto Youtube, SYTYCDism, and Idol Forums and there was so much hate for Kherington, my favorite. Now, I am seeing the same hype for Caitlynn, who is my favorite this season. I keep seeing "She's only still around because she is prettiest" "She smiles too much" "Her solos always look the same."
First off, she is still around because she is proving to me the most versatile dancer still left, with Jordan right there with her as far as versatility goes. The fact that people say she is just there because she is pretty is crap.
Second, although I believe a lot of her smiling comes from the whole teaching 'always smile when performing,' she does not smile more than Kherington. Maybe in rehearsal footage and like while she is on stage she smiles more, but as far as performance goes, there has been one performance where she smiled the whole time (top 12 contemporary). She smiled in the Samba a lot but she threw in so many more of those ballroom faces with it. She is just a smiley person. Watch her in the background of other people's interviews. She's not even being interviewed and she's still smiling talking to whoever.
Third, if you are going to say all her solos look the same, then you need to point fingers at basically everyone who was ever in this competition. Their solo is their chance to show what they are good at and what their style is. Sure it's nice to see what else they can do but they won't always be good at it because it's not their strength. Did I like that Jordan did something different this week with her solo? Hell yeah I did, but I still miss those uptempo jazzy solos we saw the first two times.

So all in all, I think people just want to hate Caitlynn because she is very pretty and she is doing way better than they were hoping. I thoroughly believe Caitlynn is the dark horse of this season. I don't think anyone saw her coming this far especially since she got like 2 minutes of camera time in Vegas week. She gets better each and every week and I really hope she is starting to gain fans. She is probably the most humble when receiving her critiques. Now if this were 5-6 weeks ago, I would have said Melanie was the most humble but you can clearly see that she is used to the positive critiques and no good comment seems to phase her anymore. I still love her, I just think she is letting all the positive feedback go to her head. I also think Jordan is still very humble but is also getting use to having good feedback come her way.

Top 8 is coming up and the results are always shocking. Since the judges seem to be calling the shots now, it might not be as shocking. If the judges do call the shots and Jordan is in the bottom, I think she will probably go. Even if Caitlynn is in the bottom, I think the judges will save her, unless she does not do well next week.
As for boys, I think Ricky is definitely going home regardless if the vote is up to America or the judges. I would love if Jess went home but I don't think that will happen

That is all. Sorry for rambling